Sunday, August 16, 2009

My Morning Guilty Pleasure


I have daily morning Gilt and it just got worst. No that’s not a misspelling. I am actually talking about Gilt.com but it does come with some guilt too. Gilt sells designer stuff on sale everyday and it's addictive. Every morning right before 9am they send an email announcing the daily sales. This is EVERY morning. You don’t even get the weekend to rest. Part of the excitement is the designer apparel and accessories are really discounted. Like these J Brand jeans were over 30% off. I have to confess that the main reason for my addiction is the way you have to shop. There are limited supplies on everything so you have to be the first to get the item your cart. For example, you may spend 20 minutes refreshing and clicking on an item until it's available. Sometimes I find I buy things just because I was able to get it in my cart. On August 12th my addiction got worst. Gilt launched Gilt Fuse that sells up and coming labels. There's now two times the daily temptation to shop. Sometimes I try to avoid opening the email. I ration with myself if I didn’t know what designers are on sale this week I wont know what I am missing in my cart. This hardly works. The good news is I can share the guilt. If you are interested, you are invited!

No comments:

Post a Comment