Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Walking the SF Race for the Cure

I get frustrated when I do not know about something. I think this is partly because nosiness is an inherent family trait. It is probably a product of being born Persian. We must know all things. When I do not know something, I feel that it is my cultural duty, to figure it out. The spread of breast cancer is one of the things I don’t understand. It’s frustrating to not understand something that is prevalent in our community. There are very few people that have not personally dealt with breast cancer or know someone close to them that is or has been affected. I don’t know why breast cancer will affect one in eight women within our community but I do know that the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Race is helping to find answers. On September 27th, I’m walking to support the San Francisco Bay Area Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure. The Race for the Cure plays a vital role in raising funds for research, education, prevention, advocacy and treatment. Walking is the easiest thing I can do. Really, it is. I could have done the timed run but thought that it’s best to start with baby steps. Next year maybe I will do the untimed run.

If you would like help find a solution, please visit my personal page to make a tax deductable donation. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment