Monday, January 18, 2010

10 Steps to Banana Bread-Muffins



I can't get enough bananas to eat and I am running out of ways to eat them. Meaning I need more recipes. I was delighted to find out that the new food blog - Orangette that I've been reading has six different banana bread recipes! Apparently, the writer is also a big fan of bananas or at least banana bread. I really enjoyed the recipes on the blog and the stories behind them. I decided to adapted my banana bread recipe below from this post. Actually, I couldn’t find my loaf pan so I used my muffin trays and so it doesn’t look like banana bread. Until I learn the technical distinction between a muffin and bread, I am calling these Banana Bread-Muffins.


What to gather: 1 cup sugar; 1 large egg; 1 stick unsalted, at room temperature; 2 ripe medium-size bananas; 3 Tbs milk; 2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour; 1 tsp baking powder; ½ tsp baking soda; ½ tsp cinnamon.

How to make it:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Butter a standard-size loaf pan. I used a muffin tray because I couldn’t find my loaf pan.
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar, egg, and butter. I used a food processor instead of whipping it myself because I was feeling lazy this weekend.
4. In a separate bowl, mash bananas; then mix in the milk.
5. In another separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
6. Add flour mixture to butter mixture in three parts, alternating with banana-milk mixture in two parts, stirring by hand until just combined.
7. Stir in the cinnamon.
8. Turn batter into muffin tray (loaf pan). I fill each little muffin holder 2/3 full and smooth out the top with a spoon.
9. Bake for about 30mins, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
10. Allow to cool for a few minutes; then remove from pan and cool on a wire rack. Enjoy with some tea or coffee.

1 comment: