Friday, January 15, 2010

2010 New Year's Resolutions

So far we are halfway in the first month and I am not doing so well on my first New Year’s Resolutions. My first one is to write more. Considering, this is my first real blog entry in 2010, I need to pick up the pace on this one. However, I did sign up for a writing workshop that starts next week so there is still hope. I can’t really complain too much about my lack of commitment because my other resolution is not to complain so much. This is hard one because I think complaining is inherent in my culture. My last resolution is to run a Half Marathon. This one I am super excited about because I’ve been running more than I ever thought I could. I never ran more than 2 miles in my life but since October I’ve been running 2-3 times a week to be able to do the Kaiser Permanent Half Marathon next month. This week we did two 6 mile runs. For someone who barely passed P.E class in High School this is huge. I have actually started to enjoy running! I never thought I would use the work enjoy and running in the same sentence. I’ve also discovered some great run paths in San Francisco that I never had taken advantage of before. This picture is from a
View Larger Map">6 mile run from Fort Mason to the end of Marine Drive. Each way is about 3 miles so if you look back you get to enjoy a scenic 6 mile run by the bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment